• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Fly and See Santa (EGPH to EFRO in the A320)

Started by Tom David, Oct 19, 2019 00:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom David (1461)

Should we do this event as a VA? Its pretty interesting with congested airspace and holding patterns galore.

Chris Liu (1001)

I don't see why not. When is the event held?

Tom David (1461)

Not been announced yet. Usually mid December. They will announce it at Vatsim Scandinavia.

Tom David (1461)

Someone from Vatsim Scandinavia just told me its on the 14th of December, which is a Saturday. Would you like me to help organise something?

Chris Liu (1001)

Sure, we'll put a chartered flight in to the system and republish VATSIM Scandinavia promotional materials here. If you can work out a good route and some links to charts, that's always helpful  :)

Tom David (1461)

The routes are published by vatscan before the event so they will be set in stone.

I did the event last year so know what to expect, would you like me to put together a programme/order of play for the event?

We will have to promote this event internally too, as an "Intercity VA at Fly and See Santa" so we get a good turnout.

Chris Liu (1001)

If you could that would be great. It will appear in the charters list in ACARS and also here in the forums and Discord

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hi,

That would be fun but expect extreme delays. One time i was in middle Sweden and was put in a hold. Eventually i was running low on fuel and had to divert to Umeå (ESNU) which is about 220nm from Rovaniemi :)

I think they lately have also staffed up nearby (relatively :) ) airports to reduce the delays such as Kittila (EFKT) and Ivalo (EFIV).

I think the event is ussually in mid December. It would be great to join! :)

Br / Jan

Chris Liu (1001)