• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

[30th & 31st August 0900z-1800z] VATSIM UK Live! Weekend Overload

Started by Oliver Rhodes, Aug 29, 2014 08:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Rhodes (1128)

On Saturday the 30th and Sunday the 31st of August a group of around 50 VATSIM UK members will gather at Conference Aston in Birmingham to take part in the 3rd annual VATSIM UK Live!

VATSIM UK Live! is a real world social event which allows our members to meet and control or fly alongside each other. We will be working in close proximity to make sure it is "as real as it gets"

During the weekend we will be manning as many UK aerodrome and en-route positions to provide you with an excellent and realistic ATC service. We will have airports such as Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester fully staffed along with en-route positions in both London and Scottish.

If you cannot be there the Weekend Overload is the next best thing to enjoying VATSIM UK Live!

Oliver Rhodes (1128)

All from the VATSIM-UK Forums (I copied and pasted it! :-)) Looks like it could be a good week-end for some UK domestic flying!

Happy Flying!

Oliver Rhodes

Chris Liu (1001)

Thanks for mentioning this, sounds like great fun  :D No doubt there'll be a few ICX's on VATSIM-UK scopes this weekend!

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

After experiencing Vatsim UK for the first time a couple of weeks ago at the Midsumner Madness event I would have enjoyed joining in this one however I'm away for a couple of weeks so will look on in envy using Vatmap on my iPhone instead.

Hopefully there will be some reports to read from Intercity pilots.

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

Just flew ICX202 from Stornoway to Edinburgh and it was amazing, two behind me on approach and I could barely get a word in edgewise! I also saw Mr Bannister in the skies of VATSIM  :)

Scottish Control were excellent as always, advising me I was out of controlled airspace with a traffic service, upgraded me to a deconfliction then cleared me back up in to controlled airspace for a full radar control service!