• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Turning into the gate (EGLC)

Started by Dimitri Bespalko, Nov 14, 2015 20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Good evening dear pilots!

Maybe it sounds funny but I cannot turn in to the gate on my dash 8 at EGLC!!!
I tried to give full throttle on left engine and use the right break but no success... I need two times more place then there is...
Do you have some idea how to turn into the gate using the gate space for the turn (I mean I can start the turn over another gate in order to get more space but this is not how the real pilots did this)

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Quote from: Dimitri Bespalko on Nov 14, 2015 20:59
Good evening dear pilots!

Maybe it sounds funny but I cannot turn in to the gate on my dash 8 at EGLC!!!
I tried to give full throttle on left engine and use the right break but no success... I need two times more place then there is...
Do you have some idea how to turn into the gate using the gate space for the turn (I mean I can start the turn over another gate in order to get more space but this is not how the real pilots did this)

After playing with the tiller settings I mentioned that when controlling tiller via spoiler axis it turns not far enough as when turning tiller with a mouse from the cockpit. The spoiler axis is at max output in fsuipc, saitek drivers and the mjc control panel so the calibration etc is not the issue... Do someone know how I can asign a full tiller movement to a joystich button?

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Ok, after 3 hours research I found finally the post which says that there is this setting in the .ini file:

[FLIGHTCONTROLS]
PEDALS_STEERING_EFFECTIVENESS = 0.5

I changed like in the post from 0.5 to 3.0 and now the movement is full!

For those who use tiller via the spoiler axis try this to change because your tiller movement is not FULL even if the Output is MAX in the Control Panel!

Sean Donno (1110)

Glad you sorted the issue, but you get very small nose wheel steering using the rudder only in the Dash 8.
You have to put the nose wheel steering on and use ailerons to steer effectively on the ground.

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

The thing you talking about is if you use the tiller via aileron and not the spoiler axis (control panel settings). I use tiller via spoiler axis setting because it is more realistical and gives the oportunity to steer very fine on the ground.