• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Majestic update

Started by Steve Prowse, Oct 01, 2015 14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Prowse (1046)

Hi all,

Just in case anyone missed this:

30SEP_UFN MJC v1.017
We are happy to release the new version of the MJC8Q400 PILOT edition as open (stable) beta. This update includes a number of changes to the systems, FMS, documentation and the general behavior of the add-on. The update is available via SUPPORT->USER AREA.

Steve

Chris Liu (1001)

Quite a few people having issues with it in the Majestic support area so I'm going to wait for the gold release

Steve Prowse (1046)

Really, just looked again can't see anything of concern,  I've just flown (1.5hrs) with the update and it's all good! 

All the best

Steve

Chris Liu (1001)

Further posts over at Majestic seem to indicate they're activation issues and resolved by reinstalling.

Unfortunately my FSX is a complete mess at the moment and could do with a full reinstall, so I might take the opportunity to reformat too (since it's been over 3 years now)

Chris Liu (1001)

This update has had a new beta version released, "RC2", which includes P3D v3 compatibility, see http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/2066/mjc8q400-version-1-017rc2#Item_1

I'm not usually one for rumours, but JustFlight mistakenly sent a communication say that Majestic are planning to release the Professional edition during November. I'd imagine it'll get delayed a little to ensure it plays nicely with P3Dv3 but it's quite possible we'll see it in December!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

£20 quid for existing owners according to the Just flight rumour mill!

Chris Liu (1001)

We've just received official confirmation from Majestic that the Q400 Pro will launch this month, see http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/11583#Comment_11583 It seems they're quicker than I thought!

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Liu on Nov 11, 2015 12:07
We've just received official confirmation from Majestic that the Q400 Pro will launch this month, see http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/11583#Comment_11583 It seems they're quicker than I thought!

Thing is are you going to go pro?  I'm still thinking about it....I'm very happy with the version I have...

Steve

Chris Liu (1001)

Ditto. It's already a very accomplished product, can't say I'm that bothered about the HGS (HUD) or failures; I'd be paying the £20 upgrade just for the shared cockpit, but I've not been had much opportunity to fly lately. Wonder if they'll include the steep approach EGPWS modes?

Gert Visser (1391)

Hi all,
as I found on the Majestic forum, the steep approach switch is not modelled.
The controls are more precise, and the functionality of the fms is also extended, e.g. you can construct own waypoints.
On the facebook page there was an announcement of a video broadcast with a majestic official (Frolov I think) on saturday 14th november 1900 utc website Online Virtual Pilots Association, with an announcement on the dash 400 pro edition.

Gert

Steve Prowse (1046)

I've just watched the OVPA broadcast, well worth the two hours, it's good to listen to two developers discussing various aspects of our hobby.  I think I'm going for the pro version seems rude not to;  who knows maybe I'll get to share the FD with the boss so I can see how it's done  ;) .

All the best
Steve

You can watch it on YouTube just search OVPA.

Chris Liu (1001)

Shotgun not landing!  ;D

Chris Liu (1001)

So Pro edition is officially out tomorrow, and it's possible to upgrade for the difference in price between the two editions (£20 / €25 / $30 at Just Flight) rather than the full price of the PRO Edition.

Here's a quick rundown of the extras you'll get:
1. ASN weather radar integration
2. Service based failures
3. System Panel functions allowing the failures of the Electrical and hydraulic systems
4. HUD/HGS system integration
5. Autopilot Touch Control Steering (TCS, this is much like CWS mode on Boeing autopilots)
6. Alternate Gear Extension
7. 2D Panels
8. Panel State Options
9. Flight Control Optimization
10. Working Circuit Breaker Simulation
11. FMS ETP/PNR Functionality (Equi-time point/Point of no return; after this it's quicker to continue to the next suitable diversion airfield than to turn back to the last one).
12. Flight dynamics simulation runs at 120 Hz, so it should fly/feel smoother
13. Gear pin simulation

Steve Prowse (1046)

Downloading as I write.....with Just Flight, applying all my discounts etc the pro version upgrade cost 16.46 (uk pounds).
excellent value!

Cheers

Sean Donno (1110)

I am also downloading this as I type  :)