• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

LSGS flight

Started by Gert Visser, Jul 07, 2016 06:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert Visser (1391)

I got brave and tried the flight from London City to Sion.
Man, what an approach! I messed ip up completely, landing at a far to high speed.
Result: busted tires and unable to vacate the runway....while flying online. :o
A very nice challenge. Will try it again.
One point: the flight should have been done in 1h35 mins. But, barreling along at 240kts ias with a 30 knot tailwind, I needed over two hours!
The route was nearly a straight line. So I think some flights are alotted not enough time.

Gert

Chris Liu (1001)

I do love Sion, the scenery is stunning (if you get a chance to admire it)!

I think I messed the scheduled up because your outbound leg is scheduled for 1:30 but the return is 2:10. Also seems there's a big gap of almost an hour between the aircraft coming in from Copenhagen and leaving for Sion. I think the departure should've be around 11:35 not 12:10! I've nearly finished a major revamp of the London City schedules (288 flights!) and will be sure to integrate this fix, thanks for pointing it out.

Gert Visser (1391)

OK Chris,
thanks for the work you put into ICX!!
I will try sion again. Great learning experience.

Gert

Chris Hulme (1003)

Sounds like a nice approach, might have to give this one a go myself, is Sion a steep approach as well?

Gert Visser (1391)

Hi Chris, Yes it is quite steep and very long.
You have to descend from 17000ft to 1500 ft at (if i recall it right) 6 degrees / 10%!!!
So you have to be at approach speed (some 120 kts in the dash) at 17000feet. Last 2500 ft at 3 degrees.
As Chris said, stunning scenery but you don't see a lot of it while hand flying a long roller coaster descent.
At least, so it seemed to me ;D

Gert