• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

DHC-8-402Q Shared Cockpit Sessions

Started by Joseph Chamberlain, Nov 19, 2015 02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph Chamberlain (1139)

With the Pro version released, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we all can coordinate shared cockpit sessions. 

***Please follow the steps Chris has laid out below***

I have decided to allow those wanting to communicate while using Shared Cockpit access to my Teamspeak server, there are many different rooms on the server for different games, but I have created a room specifically for Intercity Airways members. 

Teamspeak Information:
IP - insidiousdreams.typefrag.com:9250
No password needed.

Chris Liu (1001)

I was actually thinking about this last night but Joseph beat me to it! Please use this thread to organise shared cockpit sessions amongst yourselves (well, those of you that own the Q400 Pro anyway). Expect the first few sessions to take a while as you familiarise yourselves with the flows for PF (Pilot Flying), PM (Pilot Monitoring), Captain and First Officer.

Checklists for the Q400 are at http://viaintercity.com/forums/discounts/fs2crew-30-off-all-products/msg2319/#msg2319 and there's a complete list of flows for each stage of flight, separated for PF & PM at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MajesticDash8/1692422040989078/. I'll post other resources as I find them.

=============================================================
I would suggest people state their general availability in Zulu time (aka GMT or UTC), in addition to any specific times they plan to fly, to give the best chance of finding a match. Once you have a match you can use private messaging to agree when and where to fly, how you'll communicate, aircraft systems state and who will be captain. In reality, pilots generally alternate the PF/PM roles each leg, but you could also agree one pilot flies the departure and the other flies arrival.

Don't forget to both use Intercity ACARS! It is important aircraft are configured identically before sharing cockpit, the easiest way is to save the aircraft state and send it to the other pilot (this way your weight and balance will be identical before syncing). If flying online then one person will connect fully and the other as an observer.
==============================================================

Sean Donno (1110)

Now this could be fun, and a great idea Joseph  ;D

Just downloading the PRO version and will get to grips with it over the next few days before trying shared cockpit  ;)

I use Teamspeak with another online flying club (not a rival Chris, VFR only) and it works well  :)

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Not sure I'd want anyone to see my dreadful landings!!

Joseph Chamberlain (1139)

Quote from: Benjamin Hall on Nov 19, 2015 20:44
Not sure I'd want anyone to see my dreadful landings!!

Well we could help you make them better!

I've updated the original post with Teamspeak information for those interested.