• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Which one?

Started by Steve Prowse, Feb 19, 2014 12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Prowse (1046)

I'm thinking about getting the J41.  So is there a good FSX freeware version that you guys are using, or is the PMDG version the only one worth considering? 

Ian Robson (1114)

Steve,

I have only used the PMDG version, and I wouldn't look past that one to be honest.
Regards,
Ian

Chris Liu (1001)

The only Jetstream 41 worth considering is PMDG's payware offering, click here for a review; it's the only one to properly simulate the geared engines. PAOB did a payware one too but it's not a patch on PMDGs and hence best avoided.

The only freeware Jetstream 41 for FS I know of is by Tom Woods, I was going to paint it for Intercity but no one seemed interested in it so I never bothered, probably because it was built for FS2002 and it's only AI-quality. There is no J41 freeware panel available but you could use a J31 panel in lieu (Matthias Lieberecht did a nice one), although the J41s main panel is completely different because of the EFIS.

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks guys for all the info...since I've just bought the carenado B19D, great aircraft I've been using the PMDG version until now, I was thinking of a freeware J41 but I can see there isn't one so I'll just stick to the Q400 for our VA.