• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Unable to get a Jetstream 41 for XP11/P3D. Can I use Saab 340 instead?

Started by Jan Naslund, Aug 24, 2019 13:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hi,

There is no JS 41 for xplane11 yet but i got a JS32 that i was planning to use instead but i have so many issues with it. The yoke settings disappears you have to go through a procedure to get them back, then they are lost again etc...

I managed to make 2 flights with the JS32. On the first one it suddenly rolled over and i crashed into the ground. On the second attempt i took off from Birmingham, power setting to climb and everything looked good until about 3000ft , then suddenly the fire alarm went off and it turned out i had fire on both engines :)

Tried to turn back to EGBB but i ended up crashing again.

On subsequent attempts i have always got the yoke settings problem.

Too many issues. I give up :)

So, there is a good xplane11 payware Saab340 and i want to know if it would be ok that i use the Saab340 instead of the JS 41?

Best Regards / Jan

Chris Liu (1001)

There's two, LES and Carenado. I suspect the fire was a result of EGT exceedance from insufficient RPM.

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hi,

Yes, I probably mismanaged the power setting on the JS32. Hadn't really read the Pilots handbook before departure :)
Also used a checklist that I made myself from watching a Youtube video.
Anyway, thanks for the tip on the LES S340. I only knew about the Carenado. I will have a look at the LES as well.

Best Rgs / Jan

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hi,

Have watched a few videos now on both and there is even a "compare" video! :)

Personally i am not so interested in how the plane looks. Much more interested in the flight model and systems and that they are realistic and are working.

One thing i noticed on the Carenado is that they have an FMS instead of the LES using the Garmin 530. I prefer the FMS even if you cant use the VNAV function but i use the 530 a lot and i am used to it so that's no issue. It has a helpful "VNAV assist" function. I also found a video where they used the GTN750 as a plug-in. Seemed to work fine.

I think i will choose the LES though mostly because of the interactive checklist feature. You click on an item and the view takes you right to the switch/knob/gauge etc... excellent!!!  I wouldn't have to use any of my crappy hand written checklists :)

Need to get salary first to get it though. 49.95$ (480 SEK for me).
Things are a bit tough financially now after the summer vacation and my wife might not think spending 480 SEK on a simulated plane is the most important thing :)

Best Regards / Jan

Tom David (1461)

Does the VA have one showing what is and is not allowed? Not all aircraft types are easily available across all platforms.

Would it be acceptable for example for JS41 sectors to be done in a JS31? The latter is available in XP but not the former.

Chris Liu (1001)

The only aircraft we are aware of not being multiplatform is the JS41 and you can use the Saab 340 as a substitute, see http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-(bae-js4100)/ok-what-have-you-done-with-it/msg2226/#msg2226