• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

PFPX Configuration

Started by Daniel Hatami, Jun 30, 2014 20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hatami (1168)

Hi guys,

I've just joined this airline as after years of flying in the NGX, i want to learn to fly something else and both the JS41 and Dash 8 look like brilliant addons compared to the depth of the NGX, so this airline is right up my street :-)

I'm starting out in the JS41 and then going to "Promote" myself up to the Dash. I'm just trying to configure PFPX and I'm sure as most of you know the JS41 isn't included but after a bit of reading on the Avsim forum the Saab340 is pretty close.

So i'm just wondering what these climb rates equate to compared to what I have for the Saab340. [Are we an airline that goes for economy or performance?]. o Climb: 98.6% (if ICE AOA ON and <700 fpm at 180 KIAS, up to 100%)

- Is this a HI SPEED, NORMAL SPEED or SLOW SPEED climb?
. o Cruise: 97.4%

- MAX or LRC. o Descent: 96.3%

- Is this a 220kts or 250 kts descent?

Thanks

Dan

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Hi Dan, welcome.

For what it's worth, I do not have PFPX I use sim brief. That said, I have really got into the J41 since I bought it maybe six weeks ago. I know this sounds obvious, but the tutorial with the package is a really good indication. In general terms the climb is at 170 knots which will give a good rate to your cruise level max being 25000. The J41 is a powerful aircraft and in the descent you need to slow down before you go down. Thus a rate of descent of 1200 to 1300 feet per minute is achievable and will keep the IAS at or below the operating limit of 250 below 17000 feet. Beware, you will need to get configured for landing well
In advance to get the speed back to VR + 5 to avoid go around etc. I'm not sure how this sits with PFPX. Others will have experience I am sure.

Lastly, if you fly on line the J41 is great for keeping the ATCOs on there toes. Telling them you need to be at 140 kits at 4 DME always puts the pressure on!

Let me know if I can help more.

Best,

Keith

Chris Liu (1001)

Welcome aboard Dan!

A J41 PFPX profile is being developed. As I'm not a PFPX user nor au fait with the Saab 340 I'm not sure how close that profile is to the J41, as a guess I'd say climb is normal, cruise is max and descent is 250 kts.

Daniel Hatami (1168)

Thanks guys,

That PFPX profile seems to have been going for a while so the Saab will have to do for now

Chris Liu (1001)

PFPX profile for the PMDG Jetstream 41 will be out in the next week or two:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423883-js41-pfpx/page-9#entry3068856

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

I've been keeping an eye on this. I'll update the Intercity PFPX download to include a JS41 config file with an Intercity rego and specs (similar to the Q400 one currently included) along with the performance file (if I get permission from the guys putting it together of course).

Cheers,
Serge