• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Just got it

Started by Gerald Plotts, Mar 24, 2016 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerald Plotts (1443)

Just got my JS41 Line Pilot today. I've been flying the Q400 for quite a while, and let me tell you, this aircraft is a whole world tougher to fly than the Q400. Not so much one you get it off the ground, but all the prep that is involved to begin the flight. I'm using FS2CREW for the JS41 and that makes it a whole lot easier. I also use FS2CREW for the Q400, but it is an almost essential if you are going to single crew the JS41. In my shared cockpit sessions with the Q400, my practice flights with FS2Crew translate into nearly flawless shared cockpit flights.

I ran into a problem yesterday with my flight in that I couldn't lose altitude fast enough. Not that I practice poor flight planning mind you.! :o :o After re-reading that section of the AOM, and making some notes for myself, my flight today was sooo much better, Word to the wise if you are thinking about getting a better handle on this aircraft...read the manuals, take notes and then practice...practice...practice. 'nuff said.
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Any barbeque moments yet?  ;D

Chris Hulme (1003)

Well said! Shes a tough bird to fly!

Gerald Plotts (1443)

I had a couple of BBQ's, then figured out what I was doing wrong. This bird makes me appreciate the Q400 all the more!  ;D ;D
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Chris Liu (1001)

My favourite FSX aircraft! I was flying it long before FS2Crew was available, and I'm proud to say I've never accidentally fried an engine (I've done it intentionally to see what happens though)! It is just manageable by one person, but FS2Crew certainly lightens the load (more so than in the Q400 I've found).

She's not that difficult really, but you have to relearn a lot of things you thought were standard because of the geared engines. You'll never look at in-flight icing in the same way again.

Richard Toshney (1512)

The other key thing is that as a fixed shaft turbo prop, the engines always have some amount of thrust.  So it can go down or slow down but it can't go down AND slow down.

Makes it far more interesting than a jet, or even the Q400 with their fancy pants vnav.