• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

JS41 Equipment

Started by Sergio De Ceglie, Sep 09, 2014 03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

I was attempting to validate a JS41 flight plan from EGFF to EGPH with a FL of 210 but got the following CFMU error:

FLIGHT PLAN DOES NOT COMPLY WITH 8.33 CARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS

I found that I didn't have VHF 8.33 Radios as Standard Equipment which is required when filing a plan above FL195 in Europe (always something to learn). The current JS41 SOP states ICAO 2012 (item 10) equipment SDE2E3FGR/S however this will need to be updated to SDE2E3FGRY/S to comply with European Airspace Regulations if we wish to fly above FL195.

FSX only simulates 25kHz radios and not 8.33kHz so this is more about me be pedantic than anything else (we do have this included in the Q400 equipment though).  :)

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

Nice spot, all fixed  :) Honeywell actually offer an 8.33 KHz upgrade for the Honeywell RM-850 RMU fitted to the J41, although I don't think EU based aircraft (i.e. Eastern Airways) are so equipped.

Although the RM-850 itself and spares are now discontinued, so when it breaks you have to replace it with the new LCD version, RM-855. Which probably costs about £30,000, playing aeroplanes isn't cheap!

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Thanks for that Chris. I guess the alternative could have been to limit the JS41's to FL190 as I assume Eastern must do (unless it's possible for exemptions).

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

I'm not sure tbh, looking at last years flightplans Eastern were using them up to FL220 filing PBN/B2B3B4 COM/TCAS in the remarks. I can't see Item 10 (the equipment field) though, so not sure if they're filing Y or not, but someone on VATSIM filed SDFGLORYZ/H which would seem to make sense.