• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Bought the J41

Started by Steve Prowse, Feb 07, 2015 08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Prowse (1046)

No lads it's not a mistake :D .....yes that is me in the J41....all the way from EGTE to EGPH sorry boss a bit late....I've been flying this aircraft for about three days now flown the Tutorial flight many times and I'm starting to warm to her...but  I don't think the Q4 has much competition... ;D

All the best

Steve

Chris Hulme (1003)

I love flying the JS41 keeps you on your toes that's for sure!

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Feb 07, 2015 08:48

Yeah it does but hell the Q4....blimey she comes fully equipped with ballet shoes.... ;D .....

Cheers
Steve

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Feb 07, 2015 08:56
Quote from: Chris Hulme on Feb 07, 2015 08:48

Yeah it does but hell the Q4....blimey she comes fully equipped with ballet shoes.... ;D .....

Cheers
Steve

Thats true, I have many fond memories of the JS41, I recall one time blowing up both engines whilst on VATSIM...might flight! Ive got a throttle quad a moved the wrong lever..whoops! Also remember going through my assigned altitude whilst on VATSIM as I was too busy trying to tidy it up and perform the after takeoff flows, whilst also change from EGLC_TWR to LON_CTR I went straight through 3000ft!

Chris Liu (1001)

The J41 is a baptism of fire (often literally)! Whilst the J41's avionics and engines are a lot more work than the Q400, it's actually easier to hand fly (aside from its reluctance to slow down when descending).

If you find yourself flying it a lot but the workload a little high, it's worth investing in FS2Crew; very handy to be able to "bark" commands whilst keeping both hands on the controls and eyes out the window!

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

If you want a challenge Steve, bring her into London City. Even with the correct speed set and everything hanging out prior to the top of the final approach it's still difficult to keep the speed under control coming down that steep glide slope.

Cheers,
Serge

Steve Prowse (1046)

Yeah I'm going to give it a try Sergio....but only after a few hundred hours flying time in frame ;D ....bit cold for taking a quick dip in the Thames this time of the year :o

All the best
Steve