• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Invitation to Fly Jetstream J41

Started by Graham Bannister, Mar 17, 2017 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Bannister (1171)

Good day fellow pilots of Intercity
As a lover of the PMDG Jetstream J41 I want to encourage you all to get that if you don't already have it. Then I want all you new guys to join me in the J41 Fleet.  :D

Jets are okay... Dash 8....meh.

Now a real aircraft for real pilots is the J41.....Come try it you are guaranteed to like it. A beast to learn to fly. You may burn a few engines once in a while whilst learning but when you master it she becomes a dream to fly.

I recommend you get FS2 Crew for PMDG J41 also...
Live life. Fly with us. 8) 8) 8)

Chris Hulme (1003)

I NEED to get back into flying the JS41, I did log a few hours in her then went over to flying the Dash 8 and the Airbus!

Found this tutorial which might be of use to any budding JS41 pilots!

http://pako1802.free.fr/PMDG_J41_PILOT_TUTORIAL.pdf

Chris Liu (1001)

You don't need a tutorial Chris, you've got me!!! Still my favourite FSX aircraft bar none, hopefully one day PMDG will port it to P3D

Sean Donno (1110)

Hi All
I have been away for a while, but have returned and just added the J41 to my fleet.
A slippery aircraft by all accounts, so I am going to need some more training flights before being signed off to fly any routes, but got some sessions planned.
Lovely aircraft though  8)

Sean

Graham Bannister (1171)

Best PMDG and to me the best aircraft. It is my fleet so treat them gently gentlemen  :D

No other like her.

Chris Liu (1001)

She's slippery because of the geared engines. The wind must never turn the props/engines because it would cause damage so to get around this they simply made idle torque quite high, so even if you're going 250 kts at idle the engines are still producing a little thrust!

Chris Hulme (1003)

Well, I dusted the old girl off and she wasn't kind to me! Set the engine alight whilst trying to start her! Need more practice!

Chris Liu (1001)

EGT below 200'c before commencing engine start and condition levers taxi. At least those engines look to be on the start locks.

If they're above 200'c you can do a ventilation run by setting the MANUAL STARTER rotary switch to ENERGISE and then pressing START (make sure the START MASTER is selected correctly too), this will motor the engine without introducing fuel or ignition which makes it cool quicker. You have to stop it after 30 seconds though IIRC otherwise you'll kill the starter motor, by pressing STOP.

Technically you can continue through to a manual start if it drops below 200'c and you're feel competent.

Sean Donno (1110)

Don't worry Chris H!

I have done some training flights, which all went well, so decided to start with ICX1. Three attempts now and had double engine failure on all of them  :-[

More training (and reading) required  ;)

Sean Donno (1110)

Graham Bannister (1171)

Hiya Sean

Now that's what I call a real aircraft.
Just watch how you start her up regularly. Would suggest also you get the FS2Crew for her.. Takes a load off the starting and other tasks.  ;D 8)

GB

Sean Donno (1110)

Quote from: Graham Bannister on Mar 20, 2017 17:02
Hiya Sean

Now that's what I call a real aircraft.
Just watch how you start her up regularly. Would suggest also you get the FS2Crew for her.. Takes a load off the starting and other tasks.  ;D 8)

GB

Really enjoying this one  :D

I have FS2Crew for the Dash, and really like it, so it is on my shopping list for this also  ;)

Graham Bannister (1171)

Chris Hulme (1003)

Did a fam flight with Mr Liu tonight, no fires and successfully got her down in the Isle of Man. 2 screenshots, one over where I live in Liverpool and one on stand in IOM

Sean Donno (1110)

Saw you flying as I did the return trip from EGNX to EGLC  :)

Some of my early problems were caused by me backing off the Condition Levers slightly in the cruise and this raises the EGT quite drastically.

I re-read Mr Liu's excellent FAQ's again and now monitor the EGT's a lot closer  ;)