• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Fsx default fmc window

Started by Keith Giannoni, Jul 12, 2014 11:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Hi,

Needs some advice. When flying the J41, the use of the default FSX FMC with its map can be useful. It's set by default to keyboard number 1. I fly in windowed mode. However, it seems when the FSX FMC window is selected, it opens in essentially full screen mode. Closing it with the hot key is no problem, but then when another window is opened, say the altimeter panel (keyboard 3), I get that familiar jump associated from changing from full screen to windowed mode. Note, my monitor does stay in windowed mode at all times. Thus the scenery flickers and can take a few seconds to readjust. Very worst case this can cause a freeze or crash albeit very rarely for me. (I know the FMC is opening in full screen because if I change my view to full screen mode, then switching between panels is not a problem.)

It's not a major issue, but I'm wondering if someone can advise how I can avoid this by maybe changing the settings in the control panel cfg, for example?

Hope this makes sense!

Keith

Chris Hulme (1003)

Have you tried adjusting the size in the panel.cfg?

I copied this from the default A321, maybe give it a go?

size_mm=456,378
window_size=0.5

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Thanks, Chris. I'll give that a go.

Keith

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Thanks, Chris. Cracked it by copying the default Baron GPS which now works perfectly. If any other J41 pilot uses the default GPS, (keyboard number 1) just copy and paste the Baron GPS from the panel cfg to the J41 panel. (Don't forget to back up the J41 panel first!).
Also found this link which explained panels and gauges etc.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx

Keith