• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

downloaded the paint for the js4100 but doesnt show in

Started by Peter Kelberg, May 25, 2013 13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Kelberg (1020)

Hi  downloaded  the dash   and the pmdg  paint version  and  had no troubles  with the dash  it  shows up in fsx  but  not  the js4100.In the js4100 cfg I counted  their suppose to be  9  aircraft liverlies but when opening up fsx  theres is only  8 for some  reason its not  showing up

Chris Liu (1001)

This will most likely be an error in the JS41 aircraft.cfg file or a misplaced folder. Could you please paste the contents of your aircraft.cfg here and I will examine and correct it if necessary.

Peter Kelberg (1020)

QuoteThis will most likely be an error in the JS41 aircraft.cfg file or a misplaced folder. Could you please paste the contents of your aircraft.cfg here and I will examine and correct it if necessary.

Thx  chris worked it out myself   silly me  forgot to put  the first bracket in the flightsim number lol

Petr Witt (1124)

Hi, everyone!

Just FYI,  ICX repaint file for JS41 contents two redundant textures, which cause blurries of the VC gauges (PMDG_J41_VC_1.dds and PMDG_J41_decals.dds). Their size is also much smaller if compared to the original ones. So, if you erase them nothing bad happens and you will see sharp and fully readable gauges in your VC again.

Best regards,
Petr

Chris Liu (1001)

PMDG_J41_decals.dds is required, otherwise the decals on the overwing exits interfere with the billboard lettering. It won't cause any blurries because it contains external decals only (i.e. all the little text notices on the outside of the aircraft).

PMDG_J41_VC_1.dds is optional,, it's basically the background of the main panel. It forces a grey and beige cockpit and updates some of the cockpit placards. I've not noticed any blurries with it myself but if you've not got global texture size set to very large and anisotropic filtering enabled on your graphics card then you could have issues. As I said, it is optional so if it's causing problems you can just remove it.

Joseph Chamberlain (1139)

For some reason I had blurries too using the modified VC_1.dds - however I saw the changes made and would like you to try this one to see if it solves blurries...  also make sure your Texture Max Load in your CFG is set to 2048! 

Modified VC with new placards: https://mega.co.nz/#!GUxkSShJ!uEB2fr-ocEcQFqkLXfR0Gmi5Dk0leCsM7wSOnZ8u5TI

Greg Marshall (1151)

Hi,

I'm new here. :)

I'm getting blurries in the J41 VC.

Can someone tell me exactly how to solve this issue.

Thanks very much

Greg

Chris Liu (1001)

Hello Greg and welcome aboard Intercity  :)

Download the PMDG_J41_VC_1.dds file Joseph Chamberlain posted above and copy it to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100\Texture.Intercity

EDIT: I have now integrated Joseph's fix in to the texture download on the main website

Greg Marshall (1151)

I think I'm going to enjoy this VA.

What a fast response!

I'm now nightshift and will try this tomorrow.

Thanks again :)

Greg

Chris Liu (1001)

Do we have too much attention for detail? The short animation below show the British Aerospace Jetstream 41 logos as used by PMDG themselves, what Intercity came up with (because we couldn't find any sufficiently high quality originals) and what BAe actually used (this is a high quality one we've found and are now using)

Daniel Hatami (1168)

Hi guys,

Just downloaded the repaints for the JS4100 and they're great but they are very, very shiny including the wheels and everything. It looks like the whole plane has been dunked in hot wax! Is this a repaint issue or perhaps a DX10 issue....?

Thanks

Dan

Chris Liu (1001)

I've never tested them in DX10 but it could also be an install issue with a missing texture. Do you have this issue with any other J41 repaints?

Daniel Hatami (1168)

Hi Chris,

It looks fine with other repaints. Here's a pic of my greasy plane :=)

PMDG

I'm also getting this as well in the VC when it rains with the livery. Using the default PMDG its fine...

PMDG

Chris Liu (1001)

Well it is raining...  ;D

Looks like your missing some files as the cockpit should be beige. Can you check you have a folder called Texture.Intercity in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100. It should contain the following files:
PMDG_J41_decals.dds
PMDG_J41_Fuselage_T_Spec.dds
PMDG_J41_Master_T_Spec.dds
PMDG_J41_VC_l.dds

It could still be a DX10 having an issue with the way the textures are compiled, but I'd like to eliminate the above as a potential issue first unless it's easy to switch out of DX10 mode.

Daniel Hatami (1168)

Ahhh that was the issue, I hadn't copied across the .Texture folder!! Doh. :o  All is good now Chris, thanks for the help! Onwards and upwards from here now I can see out of the window  8)