• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

FS labs A320 in beta

Started by Chris Liu, Nov 13, 2015 10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

Yesterday, Flight Sim Labs confirmed their A320 is finally in beta testing. That means there's no further feature development, they're now focused solely on fixing bugs so it can be released. There wasn't much additional info in the press release beyond a few comments from testers, nothing new mentioned as regards pricing, release dates or features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsAzNfdPnEQ

Full details at http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6040-fslabs-products-a320-x-concorde-x-spotlights-a-long-update/

Steve Prowse (1046)

Well I must confess I'm really looking forward to the Concorde update!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Would be surprised to see this before Christmas and the P3d version may still be some time away. Looks good so far though.

Chris Liu (1001)

Major update from FS Labs this morning, the A320-X is coming to the end of beta as they've pushed out the first RC (Release Client) to their testers. You can view their full statement at http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6908-flight-sim-labs-a320-x-release-road-map/

There will be a "whilst stocks last" early adopters package with a small circa $10 discount, then after proper FSX release they're hoping port to P3D fairly promptly (the upgraded professional P3D version will follow much later I'd imagine). No details on pricing yet, although FSL's Concorde-X package is $79/£55+VAT and "there is no upgrade or update path from FSX to P3D. The P3D version is a full purchase" so expect that as a minimum, hopefully it won't reach the PMDG's heady pricing (777 base is $90/£62 FSX and $135/£105 P3D)!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Looks nice. Should be worth the long wait.
Still prefer turboprops though. :P

Anthony Volkmann (1541)

Hi everybody,

I hope it´s ok I post here instead of creating a new topic.

Someone already have the FSLabs A320 X? I think about to purchase it for P3D, but I´m not 100% sure if it´s really worth the 140 USD.

Best regards,
Anthony

Chris Liu (1001)

It's a tough decision! The Aerosoft A320 looks better, is much smoother (uses a lot less memory and better framerates) and a lot cheaper!

But the FSL A320 is probably the most detailed addon aircraft ever for FSX/P3D. However, whilst there's a few things you'd notice every flight (better sounds, much nicer to hand fly), many of the extra features relate to abnormal ops. I think it's only worth the extra cash if you'll use those features.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Anthony Volkmann on Feb 28, 2017 06:25
Hi everybody,

I hope it´s ok I post here instead of creating a new topic.

Someone already have the FSLabs A320 X? I think about to purchase it for P3D, but I´m not 100% sure if it´s really worth the 140 USD.

Best regards,
Anthony

I agree with what Chris said above, the Aerosoft runs no issue and the VC is uch nicer than the FSL. However it is only a basic aircarft. It works like an Airbus but has no advanced features, failures etc.

I think it depends on what you want from the addon and what sort of machine youv'e got. If your machine is a lower end one then its not worth getting as youll have to reduce your sim down just to run it and no doubt run into OOMs. However if you want a more in depth sim, with failures and more behind the systems its worth getting. I've come across a few things just from day to day use where one system affects another which I didn't have when flying the Aerosoft one.

Personally I like an in depth addon so for me its worth it, although the price tag is a little heavy and I do prefer the Aerosoft VC, but I supppose you can't have everything!

Anthony Volkmann (1541)

Thanks Chris & Chris :)

I fly at the moment with the Aerosoft A320 and i really like the graphic. But some things annoying me. I don´t like to have the logo light on, only because i fly at night and use backgroundlights for my instruments. But of course, it runs really smooth. Somewhere I read Aerosoft will release a 2017 Edition from the A320?.

At the moment i have an i7 6700K with a couples of 980GTX. But to have much less then 30fps all the time on the ground is an absolute no go for me. I just read that many people have about 20-25 fps. I´m not sure if this makes really fun.