• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

And this is why I hate painting (A32S previews)

Started by Chris Liu, Oct 07, 2014 00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Great work getting both of these done Chris. Looks like you had a late night getting the A319 finished. I look forward to getting these installed and taking the Intercity A319 and A320 for a flight.

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

Oh yeah, I didn't go to bed until after 0300L and was up again at 0800L, but with these things I find if I'm in the right frame of mind and making good progress it's best to just keep going until it's finished.

I did make a start on the Project Airbus A320 but after 10 minutes I decided I couldn't be arsed  ::) Don't think I'll be doing much Intercity stuff over the weekend on SWMBO's orders; I keep telling her I'm the MD but this doesn't seem to matter to her...!

PS: As the Aerosoft Airbus repaints are now available to download, if anyone wants to post up some nice screenshots I can use in our advertising it would be appreciated  :)

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Well I purchased the Aerosoft A318/319 + A320/321 bundle today although I will need to wait a couple of weeks for the release of the A320/321 part of the package. At least I can fly the A319 for Intercity though while I wait. At the moment all I've managed to do is to get the and A318/319 installed along with the Intercity livery. I was hoping to get a test flight in however that is looking unlikely so may have to wait until tomorrow.

Regarding the Intercity livery Chris, at the moment the Zip file contains a Readme containing instructions for a manual installation only however with a couple of minor edits you can make it install automatically via the Aerosoft Livery Manager. If you wish to do so make the following changes to the readme.txt file:

Change [FLTSIM.+1] to [FLTSIM.X] and also add at least 2 blank lines following the description line at the bottom.

With this done it's just a matter of dragging and dropping the Intercity livery Zip file (A319_CFM_INTERCITY_G-ICMA.zip and A320_CFM_INTERCITY_G-ICAB.zip) onto the Livery Manager and they will install automatically.

I'll try to take some screenshots when I get a flight in. The livery looks great by the way.

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Hulme (1003)

Be sure to post any screenshots you take into the Screenshot Gallery. The screenshots on the homepage are taken from here (randomly) and the more we have in there the greater the variety on the homepage!

Chris Liu (1001)

Ooh thanks for that, very useful to know, I'll get the readme files changed and uploaded next week.

Glad you like the paint job, they're not up to the standard I would like but given the constraints of the texture mapping and my time and skills, I think they're okay.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Released an update to ACARS tonight, to include the Airbus in the search facility.

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Great stuff, Chris. Thanks for all the hard work.  I'm not an Airbus man, but those who are will enjoy for sure!

Keith

Luis Nunes (1214)

Thank you for the hard work Chris! Here is one screenshot i got! I'll try to put some more during my day off :)
I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Paul Regimbal (1002)

Dean Farley (1176)

Great work to all involved in getting the bus ready for Intercity.  So can we start flying these routes today with the A319?

Dean Farley (1176)

Seems I answered my own question.  There are no routes yet in the ACARS search for the A320 hehe.  Looking forward to the A320 but I still love the Q400 :D

Chris Liu (1001)

The schedules will go live Saturday night / Sunday morning UK time, in conjunction with the clocks going back to GMT.

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

The new schedule is live! Well done gents. Looks like everything went to plan and you hit your target dates as promised.  :)

Now on a different note, I've finally managed to get a couple of test flights in with the Aerosoft A319. The first flight was the shipped tutorial flight from LOWI to LFMN. Being used to the Boeing way (through the PMDG NGX and 777) this was an eye opener to the Airbus way. Although the flight went well I found the style of the tutorial document unusual and difficult to follow at times.

I also got a second flight in using the new Intercity schedule from LEBB to EDDL (however this was before it went live). This was going well until after takeoff when the A319 climbed like a rocket at over 7000fpm! Also, when at cruise it had a really slow TAS and GS. In the end I terminated the flight as it would have taken way too long to get to EDDL. Investigating this it appears there is a known bug with ASN SP1 so it's out of my hands for the time being (I never saw this in the first flight because I used FSX default fair weather as per the tutorial document recommendation).

One other thing is that I have a problem with FSX crashing whenever I exit using the Aerosoft A319. Looking at the Aerosoft forums, this is happening to a few users but they haven't nailed down the issue so haven't fixed it as yet. This is really annoying as it's the only aircraft I have this problem with. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it as it really detracts from what it otherwise a solid aircraft.

So ignoring those couple of issues I mentioned it's quite a nice aircraft to fly. It's not to PMDG or Majestic quality, but I knew that before purchase plus it's not as expensive either. I still have a lot to learn about Airbus systems but after a couple of flights I feel I can at least get from A to B. Looking forward to those issues being fixed so I can start to enjoy this aircraft on Intercity routes.

Cheers,
Serge

Keith Giannoni (1101)

The new schedules changed exactly at midnight for sure! There was a mention of another European Hub in past comments. Is this something for the new year now? Don't want to pile up more work on the Team.

Keith

Chris Hulme (1003)

I actually changed the schedules over at around 2300 L last night but nobody noticed!