• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

And this is why I hate painting (A32S previews)

Started by Chris Liu, Oct 07, 2014 00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Good work Chris. Looking forward to flying some of these new routes and also flying the A320.

Now if only Aerosoft would release the new updated version of the A320 before October 26.  :)

Cheers,
Serge

Bill Ant (1076)

Would an Intercity flight to Iceland in the A320 make sense?
Bill
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Chris Liu (1001)

Keflavik is within 860 miles of Edinburgh so that's doable, but our other bases are a bit far away for our shorthaul ethos. I hadn't looked in to this route until you suggested it, and it's definitely a fair suggestion although there are some issues; chiefly that Keflavik is almost exclusively a summer seasonal destination (with the exception of Icelandair) and we're now coming in to winter. Also there is a fair bit of competition on this rather thin route and it's all mainly over ocean (which I think might be a bit boring). Perhaps I'll add it in when I update the schedules again in March, but it might only be 3 times a week.

Chris Liu (1001)

So 3 hours work later and it looks like the attached image, it's just about ready to go now but it has been a real fight to get here! Still a few things left to do like the rear fuselage doors which stubbornly refuse to line up, and some nose gear door detailing. All being well it'll get uploaded later this week.

After the headache with this one I think the A319 may have to wait a little while, as this one has taken me nearly 8 hours to get done.

EDIT: Have now completed all the above tweaks and updated the attached photo. It's now finished!  ;D

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Looks good Chris. Appreciate the effort involved.

It appears Aerosoft will be releasing their updated A320/321 on October 30th so I'll have to wait a few days after the new schedule rolls out before I can fly an A320 route. Still, pretty good timing by Aerosoft though.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86711-plans/

Cheers,
Serge

Luis Nunes (1214)

I'm so excited with this addition to Intercity! i can't wait to start logging some hours with the A320 flying from Dusseldorf to Lisbon (My hometown :) )
I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Chris Liu (1001)

Luis Nunes (1214)

I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Looks like I spoke too soon. Aerosoft has pushed back the updated A320/321 release by a week. So I assume it will be released around November 6th now.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87117-an-apology-the-a320a321-will-be-late/

Chris, you mentioned earlier that the A319 can be used on A320 routes however you won't have a repaint as yet for the A319. Does this mean we can use any A319 livery for now and the flight will still register? I just want to check as I'm not sure how the ACARS works in the background to check you are using the correct equipment.

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

In going to try and finish painting the A319 before Sunday night although I'm busy until Thursday. Anyway, we'll disable ACARS equipment checking with the A32S until November, so you can use any repaint until then  :)

Mihai Cosoveanu (1174)

I'm probably late to the party, but would adding Cluj-Napoca (LRCL) as a destination from Duseldorf make sense?
I know that Wizz Air and Lufthansa have daily flights to Dortmund and Munich, respectively, and they're usually packed.

Chris Liu (1001)

Hello Mihai, this season's schedule is complete but we will investigate adding Cluj-Napoca for Spring 2015.

I'm dedicating tonight to painting the Aerosoft A319 but I can't promise it'll be done before the new schedules come out.

Luis Nunes (1214)

I was thinking about something right now and need to ask this... the jets that we will be using soon will be the ones from AXE right? In that matter, we have the A320 and A321 (in my case since i don't have the a318/a319 package) but from what i read it will only be the A320 in use for intercity airways.. but inside the a320 there are different types such as the a320-214, a320-216 and some others i can't remember right now... Which one will be in use?

Mihai Cosoveanu (1174)

Quote from: Chris Liu on Oct 23, 2014 09:18
Hello Mihai, this season's schedule is complete but we will investigate adding Cluj-Napoca for Spring 2015.
Thanks Chris, I was expecting that. Having Cluj-Napoca (my local, so to speak) as a destination would give me an excuse to purchase the Aerosoft Airbus :)

Chris Liu (1001)

Tonight I've spent just over 6 hours painting the Aerosoft A319, unfortunately only the engines were the same as the A320, so I had to redo everything else. However, it's now nearly done (see attached photo) with just minor details like winglets to do.

As with the A320, the belly was a complete pain in the arse, all the random looking splodges in the other attached image are needed to make the curves line up and I had to do them free hand through trial and error.

I'll look at painting the Project Airbus freeware model in a few weeks time, right now I am all painted out!

EDIT: Aerosoft A320 and A319 repaints are now complete and available from the downloads page