• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

A320 Schedules

Started by Michael Meyer, Nov 13, 2014 10:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Meyer (1142)

Team,

the scheduled times for the A320 do not fit. All flights I flew with the A320 would arrive 30 to 35 minutes to early if flying standard procedures with CI 19.

For example flying from EDDL to ENGM I have used CI 19 but flying with mach 0.74 is much to fast to arrive in time. I have reduced selected speed to mach 0.70/0.69  and arrived at Olso with additional time to taxi very very slow to the gate not to be too early at the gate.

I know you have done a lot of work to get the Airbus into the schedule but is it possible to have a look at the time schedules to get more realistic times?
Cheers
Michael

Chris Liu (1001)

Hi Michael, any flight number below ICX935 (such as the one you mentioned) use to be flown with Q400. To convert them to A32S I reduced the flight times and increased the turn around times (by about 15-20 minutes), so I suspected they might be a bit "generous" on longer sectors.

However, given your comments I think should completely reschedule them to get more realistic block times. Unfortunately I am very busy until Christmas, but I will try and reschedule them when I have some free time.

Michael Meyer (1142)

Hi Chris, no problem. Take the time that is needed. As long as it is as it is I can adapt the speed for the routes and/or stroll over the airport  ;)

Thanks

Cheers
Michael

Michael Meyer (1142)

Chris,

here an additional info:

For ICX11V EGPH-EKCH the calculated ETA is 11:47 instead of the scheduled 12:25 when using CI 19. No stress on board .... 8)
Cheers
Michael

Chris Hulme (1003)

At least you have plenty of time to go and get yourself and your crew a Starbucks from the terminal on turnaround!

Chris Liu (1001)

I heard the onboard oven was inop and the crew had to get a Burger King from the terminal... Sound familiar Chris? :P

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Chris Liu on Nov 14, 2014 09:20
I heard the onboard oven was inop and the crew had to get a Burger King from the terminal... Sound familiar Chris? :P

Sounds VERY familiar!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

My my; what a big whopper you have!