Author Topic: X-Plane11 & ACARS  (Read 399 times)

Graham Woodley

• Pilots
  • Pilots
X-Plane11 & ACARS
« on: Sun 18 Mar 2018, 19:09 »
I will soon be getting XP11 on my new computer when it arrives and I'm wondering how to go with using ACARS for submitting PIREPs?

I gather Majestic show little interest in a XP11 version of the Q400 but there is a passable version of that type available for XP.

So if I'm on XP11 how do I submit PIREP for ICX?

Chris Liu

• Management
    • Intercity Airways
Re: X-Plane11 & ACARS
« Reply #1 on: Sun 18 Mar 2018, 19:13 »
XUIPC is required but ACARS should work although we've never tested it so if you get any problems, let us know and we'll get you working on Xplane  :)

Graham Woodley

• Pilots
  • Pilots
« Reply #2 on: Sun 18 Mar 2018, 19:20 »
Hi Chris, thanks for the quick response - well there's nothing on the telly Sunday evening :)

I'm expecting the new rig next week and will be keeping the old one for FSX for the time being.

I'll be a couple of weeks before I get XP installed and running and try a Dash 8 ICX flight so I'll let you know.

Cheers!

Graham Woodley

• Pilots
  • Pilots
« Reply #3 on: Mon 23 Apr 2018, 18:26 »
Hi Chris,

Just had my first go in the FlyJSim Dash 8-Q400 in X-Plane 11 (not a patch on the Majestic in FSX but quite functional and a challenge to fly hands-on.)

So ACARS connected to the sim through XUIPC.

It didn't detect engine start or brakes off, Status remained inactive throughout the flight, Flight Info displayed a message ' Please ensure you are in an Intercity Airways aircraft.'

Airspeed and Alt were tracked correctly and the progress bar filled.

Heading remained at 0 throughout and there was no detection of  Dep / Arr time, flight duration or Landing rate.

I never showed on the LiveACARS map.

Unless Majestic are going to jump onto XP the FlyJSim is all we've got at the moment.

cheers,

Graham

Chris Liu

• Management
    • Intercity Airways
« Reply #4 on: Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:48 »
Thanks for the feedback Graham. I think we'll need to see about sending you a special test version of ACARS so we can see what ACARS is seeing from Xplane. What about the JarDesign and FlightFactor A320s?
« Last Edit: Tue 24 Apr 2018, 10:11 by Chris Liu »

Graham Woodley

• Pilots
  • Pilots
« Reply #5 on: Tue 24 Apr 2018, 06:15 »
Sure Chris, I'll help you test it - in fairly slow time though, I don't get a lot of the time during the week.

One difference from the Majestic is that the condition levers go to start/feather before engine start so a trigger might need to be engine start, fuel flow, TGT etc.

I haven't got a 320 in XP yet but will be getting the FF soon - I'll let you know.

Cheers