• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

flight log didn't submit (Interrupted flight.)

Started by Graham Woodley, Jan 11, 2014 15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Woodley (1054)

Just flew ICX287 EDDL-EGPH on VATSIM, had a FSX crash, was able to restart and continue from saved flight - after restart ACARS seemed to carry stay connected and tracking.
After landing filed flight log and it said 'report sent'.

Flight hasn't appeared in my logbook though.

http://www.vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=12976011

Actually I'm not sure if I need to do anything to ACARS after a FSX crash and resume - it seemed to be tracking me fine after.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Graham

I have assigned this flight to you, weve had a few teething problems with ACARS since switching forums, Ive released an update today to address these so ACARS will need updating again!

Graham Woodley (1054)

Many thanks Chris.
No worries, we'll help you iron out any glitches by reporting them  :D .

Actually yesterday's FSX crash was my first for a long time and the first with the MJ Q400.
I was very impressed how both the flight and Intercity ACARS continued from where I left off.
With some other aircraft and trackers it's a big deal getting things up and running again after a crash - whether it's down to FSXSave or the aircraft I'm not sure, but with the flight 90% completed I was pleased to be able to restart and finish it.

Will give the new ACARS a go today if time permits.

Cheers,

G

Chris Hulme (1003)

Graham, thanks for that!

Were actually working on a proper resume flight feature, so if the computer crashes you can start from where you left off, didnt think it would work but if you got it to work then thats the main thing!