• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

On/off blocks with Q400 [Solved]

Started by James Flack, Aug 01, 2017 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

James Flack (1584)

Hi all,
I'm using the Dash 8, provided in the downloads area, with FSX:SE.
When I start a flight it says "Please ensure condition levers are set fuel off". I have tried finding these levers but can't, although I am probably being stupid there. To bypass this I use the 'off blocks button'.

The first flight I did had no problem and it recognised all stages of the flight and logged it successfully at the end. But I'm now flying EGPH-EDDL and it is stuck in 'Departing' and the pilot in cockpit check says I'm inactive.

Can anybody offer any help with this?

Thanks

PS: I had a separate issue with exporting flight plans for FSX that I will put into a new topic. I don't know if the two are linked.

Chris Hulme (1003)

You can move the condition levers using the following keyboard shortcuts. Try adjusting these and ACARS should be OK

Propeller (low RPM) CTRL+F1

Propeller (decrease RPM) CTRL+F2

Propeller (increase RPM) CTRL+F3

Propeller (high RPM) CTRL+F4

James Flack (1584)

Ah. Rookie mistake there obviously.
The ACARS should recognise this as off blocks without me needing to tell it then if I do this?

Chris Hulme (1003)

Should do, its programmed to do this with the Majestic Q400 as there are limited variables available for us to use, so should moving the prop levers in the freeware one should have the same effect! Let me know if not.

James Flack (1584)

Hi Chris.
With condtion levers at fuel off it still doesn't recognise. Using off blocks gives me a similar problem as Gary (http://viaintercity.com/forums/acars/acars-and-my-dash8/). I press off blocks, begin taxiing and takeoff and it either stays as pre-flight or departing. When I get to my destination it doesn't bring up the on-blocks button so I can't log the flight.

Gave up on the flight yesterday as I knew it wouldn't register, but I completed the flight on Tuesday and couldn't log it.

Strangest thing is that the live pilot tracker shows me moving en-route so ACARs is recognising my position but just not my flight stage.

James

Chris Hulme (1003)

OK, I will investigate the issue. If you post up your flight number, departure and arrival times I can manually add them to your logbook

Maarten Monchen (1556)

Seems that the problem is not solved yet. Today I flew the ICX97 service (EHAM/EGLC), and it went wrong with the Majestic Q400 and ACARS...

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Aug 13, 2017 17:19
It seems there is an issue with the Majestic Q400 and ACARS currently affecting a number of pilots.

I am currently working with Majestic themselves to find a work around for this issue, in the meantime if you require a manual flight report please post in this section on the forum and I will file them as soon as I can.

I hope that I will have a fix for this issue soon.