• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or later question

Started by Jan Naslund, May 12, 2019 14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hello,

I am a new member as from today :)

I am using xplane11 and my plan was to get the FlyJSim-Dash8-Q400 and use that. I also wanted to fly the J41 but I couldn't find a Jetstream 41 for xplane11. However, there is a Jetstream 32 available for purchase on x-plane.org. Would it be ok to fly that instead until there is a J41 available for xplane11?

Now to my real question. I have Windows 10 Home edition and when I checked my Microsoft.NET version it is 4.0.

On the download link for 4.5 I didn't find Windows 10 under system requirements. I see this:
Supported Operating System
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2 

Can I still download and use ACARS without having the 4.5 version?

Best Regards / Jan

Chris Liu (1001)

Hi Jan, welcome aboard!

You can use the Jetstream 32 as a substitute but I don't know how the performance compares to the Jetstream 41 so you could end up with late arrivals, I think the Saab 340 (LES or Carenado) is a better fit in terms of performance. I am just painting the FlightFactor A320 but I can't find any paintkits for the FlyJSim Q400, as soon as I get one I will paint that too.

Intercity ACARS requires Microsoft .Net 4.5.1 or later. Many of our pilots are using Windows 10, possibly with .Net 4.6.1 which is a direct replacement for 4.5.1.

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hi,

I compared the specs between J32 and J41 and the cruise speeds are pretty much identical.

I will get the J32 for xplane11 and try it to see if I can keep the arrival times.

ACARS2 seems to be working but I get an error message when  I start it up. It disappears so fast I cant even see what it's about.

I got 2 messages that I had reported the same flight twice but I just click once on the send button. Perhaps there is some mismatch between my Windows system and ACARS2. I already had the Net 4.6.1 installed.

When I use ACARS2 the mouse pointer flickers between the arrow and the round ring. Something is not 100% ok I think.