• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Error Filing flight log [Solved]

Started by Ron Kurz, Feb 07, 2016 08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Kurz (1390)

Hey Chris

Just tried completing an 'incomplete' flight 3x: [size=78%]ICX 819 LFKJ to EDDL.[/size]

Each time resuming the flight was no problem, ACARS went into activ-mode right away and seemed to be tracking the flight OK. But an arriving in EDDL, after parking and shutting down, ACARS kept on going and wouldn't file the flight.  I tried this 3 times with no luck (just lost 2.5 hours plus doing so  >:( ).

I guess this is a fluke incident, since up to now ACARS has been behaving really good, but I suppose I'll need to redo the whole flight or scrub it altogether... :(

Cheers, Ron

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Ron Kurz on Feb 07, 2016 08:48
Hey Chris

Just tried completing an 'incomplete' flight 3x: [size=78%]ICX 819 LFKJ to EDDL.[/size]

Each time resuming the flight was no problem, ACARS went into activ-mode right away and seemed to be tracking the flight OK. But an arriving in EDDL, after parking and shutting down, ACARS kept on going and wouldn't file the flight.  I tried this 3 times with no luck (just lost 2.5 hours plus doing so  >:( ).

I guess this is a fluke incident, since up to now ACARS has been behaving really good, but I suppose I'll need to redo the whole flight or scrub it altogether... :(

Cheers, Ron

Hi Ron

Seems to have got stuck in the descent somewhere and not recognised you being on the ground! Luckily the minions working behind the scenes have recovered the report and its now in your logbook! If you can just check it and make sure the arrival time is correct, if not let me know and I will amend it for you!

http://viaintercity.com/pirep.php?pirepid=3511

Ron Kurz (1390)

Ron Kurz (1390)

Hey Chris,
Have yet another flight that didn't let me finish sending a report:
ICX 397: EDDL - LPPT
I landed at LPPT but ACARS got stuck during taxiing to the gate... Hope you can still fix that, it's kind of a long flight.

Code: 16021606161390

Thanx!!

Could it have to do with the fact eventhough the Airbus does not have condition levers, leaving them 'on' will not close the flight

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Ron

Have filed this for you, seems to be a big which I will be having a look at over the next few days

Chris