• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Flight # ICX816

Started by Gerald Plotts, Mar 31, 2016 13:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerald Plotts (1443)

I'm nit sure if thiis is the right forum for this post, but if not please move to appropriate area,

I just finished flight ICX816 EDDL-EHAM. The flight is scheduled from 08:40 to 09:55 or about 1.3 hours. Sim Brief says it should take about 36 minutes. I actually took just a bit longer than sim brief said and landed at 45 minutes, or .8 hours. Obviously a red flagged flight, which I don't like to get. what could I have done wrong, or done different to get the time right?
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Chris Hulme (1003)

The scheduled times are an estimate, its hard to calculate them precisely! As is the colour coding, its there for reference, you wont be penalised for being early or late!

EDDL and EHAM are both fairly sized airports, therefore taxiing takes up some of the block time.

Even with a 45 min flight time, it could looks like this

EDDL Gate to runway 5 mins
Flight time 45 mins
EHAM (landing 18R) Taxi to gate 15-20 mins

This would give you a block time of 1 hr 10, and your scheduled block time is 1 hr 15. Therefore you'd be 5 mins early!

If your flying offline, or in low traffic then you go straight to the runway, or at airports like Amsterdam if theres no controller online our free to land on whichever runway you like.

Chris Liu (1001)

I think it may be one of the flights with extra block time scheduled to absorb delays. That or I've messed up! I'm hoping to give the schedules a major overhaul soon but unfortunately I'm short on time at the moment.