• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Flight gone AWOL

Started by Clive Gulliver, May 04, 2021 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Hi Chris/Chris,

Just completed a LIML-LEZL (ICX21N) sector today in the MSFS A320 Neo and the ACARS showed the flight had been sent, but on later checking my logbook there is no sign of it. Unfortunately I wasn't online for this one but I hope you can update my record accordingly even if it's a red entry.

Even though I'm currently using the stable build the FMS still managed to skip all the final approach waypoints so I had to switch hurriedly to HDG mode to intercept the localiser. I wonder what other people's experience has been of this? The stable build is supposed to be rock-solid.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Clive,

Not sure where its gone and theres no record of any position reports in the database either which is strange. If you let me know your departure and arrival times I will manually file this report for you.

Chris

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Yes that is odd. It tracked me all the way there (I watched the bar fill) so maybe it was some peculiarity of MSFS interacting with ACARS. Anyway, I spent the whole morning on the flight so would not want to lose that time, especially as it was my first for a while!

Date 4/5/21 ICX21N  Dep LIML 16:56  Arr LEZL 19:32 Aircraft A32S  FL360

Thanks Chris

Chris Hulme (1003)