• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

ACARS without link to Simbrief Flight Planning [Solved]

Started by Mike Ody, Sep 13, 2017 00:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Ody (1594)

Hello all,
I am new to InterCity and totally new to ACARS - although I have been flying elsewhere for a while.
First up ACARS looks very comprehensive and professional - well done to all involved.
My question relates to the link with SimBrief Flight Planning.
I have used Simbrief for a fair while and I enjoy creating a FP and inputting into Majestic Q400 FMC, saving the plan in the FMC as a co-route for possible future use, manually computing V-speeds etc etc. ie the whole preliminary process before 'boarding'.
So the question is can I continue to do all Flight Planning etc etc as before and only use ACARS for flight selection, en route flight logging and flight logs etc ?
Of course I must ensure my manually developed FP is aligned to the schedule etc.
Yes it is a fair bit of work outside of ACARS but [strange as it may seem] I enjoy that bit just as much as flying !
Thanks,
Mike Ody

Chris Liu (1001)

Welcome aboard Mike! You can flight plan however you choose (so long as you end up in the right place with some fuel left!), we just provide ACARS Simbrief integration as an option. Personally whilst I use it, I like to specify my own routing.

Mike Ody (1594)

Thanks Chris.
All sounds and looks good for me.
Am slumming it at the moment in Bali but will get back to flying again with Inter City in a couple of weeks time.
Mike Ody