• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

ACARS Startup Fault

Started by Graham Woodley, Aug 18, 2020 12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Woodley (1054)

I reported this before, topic has been removed, fault remains;
XP11, FFA320U, ACARS doesn't start on engine start or pushback and manual Off Blocks option is greyed out.
As I am unable to fly with Intercity since March, I guess I will be removed from the roster soon, so be it if that's the case.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Graham Woodley on Aug 18, 2020 12:20
I reported this before, topic has been removed, fault remains;
XP11, FFA320U, ACARS doesn't start on engine start or pushback and manual Off Blocks option is greyed out.
As I am unable to fly with Intercity since March, I guess I will be removed from the roster soon, so be it if that's the case.

HI Graham

I haven;t removed any topics, so not sure where your original one has gone but that's probably why I have forgot about this, I did write a fix but looks like I haven't pushed it out yet, had quite a lot on with all this covid going on. I will push it out now if you can try and see if you can get it to connect?

Graham Woodley (1054)

Hi Chris,

ACARS updated to 2020.8.19.0 and it's still the same with both the FFA320U and the FJSQ400 Legacy in XP11.41

'Off Blocks' is greyed out, and it says that FSUIPC is already running, as if there's another instance of it running somewhere.
I don't know where I can check that as it doesn't show in Task Manager.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Are you launching ACARS after the sim has loaded?

Graham Woodley (1054)

Yes, iaw the manual;

When you're ready to fly, click Begin Flight, at this point you should start Flight Simulator and set up your flight making sure that you are in an Intercity Airways aircraft and are loaded on the ground at your departure airport with the parking brake set and all engines shutdown before clicking OK and continuing.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Is this specific to XP or is it the same in P3D/FSX?

Graham Woodley (1054)

For me, I only use XP11.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Looks to be a connection issue, do you have any issues with other external programs connecting to XP?

Sean Donno (1110)

I am having exactly the same issue using MSFS2020 and the A320 NEO.

Sean Donno (1110)

Any chance you can add the attached flight to my logbook please Chris.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Sean Donno on Dec 03, 2020 14:41
Any chance you can add the attached flight to my logbook please Chris.

Will add to your logbook, I havent tested in MSFS as I dont have it, but so long as you have FSUIPC it should work as another program I have written worked fine during testing?

Chris Hulme (1003)

Not sure if this solves your issue with MSFS but you need to run FSUIPC separately and make sure ACARS is run as admin?

Sean Donno (1110)