• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Strange arrival time in ACARS report

Started by Michael Schmitt, May 05, 2013 11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Schmitt (1006)

Hi!

Yesterday I joined this VA because it has the Dash 8 Q400 in its fleet and it also flies to very interesting destinations across Europe.

I also did my first flight immediately after registering, and it took me from EGLC to EHAM. I am aware of the fact, that Majestic programmed many things outside of FSX and therefore, any ACRAS system will not be able to read the data properly or at all. With the tips mentioned in this forum (using CTRL + E and using CRTL + SHFT + F1), I was able to log my first flight, but somehow the block time in the ACARS report is 60 mins longer that my actual flight has been.

Is that because FSX has some problems with different UTC (1 hour difference between London and Amsterdam), or could it be related to a phenomenon reported in MJC´s forum where the internal clock in the Dash 8 isn´t synchronized with FSX´s clock?

Greets,

Michael

Chris Liu (1001)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've let Chris H know as he wrote the ACARS program and he's going to look in to it (I'm away in Dublin at the moment so can't investigate myself). For now I guess you get 2 hours for the price 1  :)

He might post on here and ask you a few more questions to help us fix the problem.

Michael Schmitt (1006)

Great! Let me know if you need any further information.

Tonight, I tried to perform and log another flight, but somehow the Ctrl + E trigger didn't work this time. I loaded up the situation completely fresh 3 times, but no success. I also noticed, that 2 out of 3 times, the condition levers didn't move at all, and once, only the #2 engine lever moved to max RPM.

I haven't changed anything in my setup since last night...

Chris Liu (1001)

Chris thinks he's found the bug in a cars, we accidentally set it to log local time, not Zulu. We'll fix it soon and then you can run the updater. We'll also correct the hours you've already logged.

If the Ctrl E fix doesn't work, try loading a default aircraft and turning the engines off (ctrl shift f1) before loading the q400 and pressing ctrl e, that might fix the problem for you.

If you have flown any flights you were unable to log, pm me with the details and I'll afd them to the database later this week so they show up in your log book.

You need to pm me the following data:

Date of flight (dd-mm-yyyy)

Flight Number

Departure Time (hh:mm)

Arrival Time (hh:mm)

Aircraft

Network: vatsim/offline/ivao

Michael Schmitt (1006)

Okay, the next attempt tonight worked. I had to hit CTRL + E a few times, but finally the trigger had been recognised. Worth mentioning is the fact, that the on block event wasn't triggered by me, hitting CTRL + SHFT + F1 after parking at the gate, but by touching down on the runway at EDDL...

The touchdown rate figure itself seems to be correct after MJC's SP1, it was -330 ft/min.

Chris Liu (1001)

Hmm, the 'engine' in FS was probably off. What rpm were the props set to when you landed? I'll investigate more when I get home, it could be related to mjc 8 sp1

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Guys

A fix has been released and I will update your hours accordingly!

Michael Schmitt (1006)

Hi there!

Nice, I just saw it after I´ve finished my last flight.

Unfortunately, this flight hasn´t been logged, I sent you an email concerning that little problem.

Greets,

Michael

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Michael

I got your email and have filed your flight and recovered the flight data too, if you have a look at your logbook it should all be in there!

Michael Schmitt (1006)

Thanks a lot!

I am already looking forward to my next flight tonight!

By the way, the approach into London City's 09 via SPEAR1B arrival is really spectacular! Opus gave me a few gusts during final and in the fantastic MJC Q400 that was pure fun!

Chris Hulme (1003)

QuoteThanks a lot!

I am already looking forward to my next flight tonight!

By the way, the approach into London City's 09 via SPEAR1B arrival is really spectacular! Opus gave me a few gusts during final and in the fantastic MJC Q400 that was pure fun!

Get us some screenshots next time  :lol:  :lol: